Posts by BPMF

So now we have part time CM and PM to share with Twin Saga? :/ Which one is your favorite?

I more wonder what the focus on getting stuff done is on. Trying to get updates? Trying to do decent sales? Or is eden more just something that is barely going to be looked at, and just support with keeping it up?

Honestly seems like they are intentionally pushing Eden into a further state of inactivity, like just sorta sitting there.

It's been nearly two weeks since I requested a pw reset on a character. I guess Aeria doesn't want my money anymore :(

Sadly this is the result of one person doing the ticketing system. Even back when you had a bigger consistant team doing it, getting response could still take a couple days.

Probably doesn't help that as said earlier new CM does 2 game, and there had probably been a super long backlog of tickets. soon™

It is not the case that the game is that grindy anymore, my friend.

main quests take you and fly you up relatively quickly. Infact it kind gets annoying that you level so fast, youd have like 5 different main quests to do because you out level places so fast.

Socially, it is a bit hard to find people if you arent end game. I'm the dumb person who randomly walks up to people and talks and have made a couple friends while leveling to around 30. So the advice to find a large guild to meet people should not be discarded too quickly.

If eden doesn't have any gameplay features you really like over AK or Twin saga, then I'd recommend to go to one of those. Cuz honestly its not worth if theres nothing in eden that stands out to you.

Since you suggested some kind of speed run, I will say DoD at 90 or so might interest you, it's like time trial... trials? It is kind of fun. Gearing could never be easier. Even the 1-65 achievements are easy now.

Our current eden is the NA servers mixed with the french server i think? Hence some of the channel names (Anglo (English) and Franco(French) ) So don't be surpresed if theres a population who can't speak english well. You might also find german. Of course Filipino people have for a good time been part of the community. Main point is this is also a reason some might not respond to you.

GS(Now called GM.) Presense is here. Anytime I ask a question even if its not directed at her Yamea will answer it if needed. Or if I say something I dont have enough information on there will also be some added information.

Coming from a short time of being a twin saga GS. I dont see why have a Q&A. I mean, it's good to be creative with events, but GS will pretty much always answer questions. Or atleast I did. I even would juggle them with random conversation. As it is part of the job to be a part of the community. I would more want a Q&A with the CM and PM. People who don't speak and answer too often.

(Though for TS We did have a Q&A with the PM, and atleast from what I can read from the German and english chats at the time, it was pretty much just a step up from what the GS could give. )

I could almost guarantee the GM will only be asked things they answer nonstop anyway.

----

I would personally group with you if my character wasn't in between your two lower characters, and if I didn't sleep while you were on lol.

But to be blunt if you're looking for a good social experience, you will not have a good time in the lower levels, even if it's easy to level up it may take a while later, to find people on your own.

Your best bet if you insist on playing is infact to join one of the larger guilds, and just talk. Also if you dont have it then get discord as well, because I think most guilds use it more than TS.

Not always. The CM can decide if he sets up altars or not.
    For landrates the PM is needed, but the CM can just take an old altar throw out all items and use the landrates of this one, just replace the items. Not in every case the PM is needed for those. CM can also change loops, without the PM.
    For instance, taking altar of January 13th, 2016 and set it, if the items weren't up for long.

Ahh alright, thanks

GM's plan the content of future altars (this is because we're actively playing and we're in in touch to the community, we usually know what you want because you guys either forward it to us, or we just miss it for a long time).
    CM controls them and decides if they pass through. CM can also set them on his own but he wont build new altars without the PM. % in altars is PM stuff. He can take old altars and replace all items in there, this goes well without the PM. But the PM has the final word always.
    CM is not doing any sales or content planning, but with content planning is meant updates, for example.

Yeah i know the content planning part. So its mostly a joint effort of the GMs and CMs and PM will decide if s/he likes it and allow it to pass?

So I realised this thread after finding out the error with Sage skill, Aura: Hammer Friend. Even though it literally says "All party members within 15 feet are healed over xxx HP" it doesn't heal party members, it only heals you. It's annoying to see that kind of misinformation in the game and it should be easy to change that description, right? Why nobody deals with those descriptions at least? So we can play according to real informations. :')

So doing this all from memory.

Hammer friend heals you and then party members within 15 meters get P ATK. So it's most likely someone is lazy if it says "All party members within 15 meters are healed for x HP" When it actually would mean to say it for the other effect of the aura.

Danmaku may have experience, but so far, he does not seem to be putting much effort here. 4 days, and did not even introduced himself.

Guess we are back to good old days, with invisible CM.

Yeah back when twin saga first started the CM back then was rather invisble as well. I never really understood the reason a (Community) manager would want to remain as not part of the community. but back then it was the opposite, s/he just sorta made a forum post then rarely said anything that wasnt on social media. :/ (not talking about danmaku of course.)

Though now that I think about it, does community manager really plan the altars? Or is that product managers responsibility, or some kind of joint job? Back for a while ago I would think not, and he has said his responsibilites included pretty much everything except content planning and sales. So is altar a sales issue, or a something that would fall into his hands?

Even then, though, you'd think he would relay what people in the community would like. I would really want to know where exactly things stand, but aeria is not well known for transparency, and being able to communicate. :/

I agree for some more fresh altars. Large selection of costumes should make it easy that you don't repeat often while still being balanced. With random interesting filler (Housing stuff is fun for me atleast, I like to collect them. :/)

The themed altars like enhancement or crafting/holiday are nice as well in my opinion, gives a nice refresh state.

Of course it would also be nice to have some good quality conversations with the new cm :*

I see. I guess it makes sense, from what I understood the CM and GM roles back then were kind of similar. :/

Anyway thanks for the answers, I've made my character and will probably start playing soon.

If any other new-ish people want to squad up or something: IGN Zuomo, Discord : Zuomo#1857

Hello everyone. Hopefully this isn't the wrong section.

Many people happen to either not know, not be confident of or have had problems in earning free AP. I myself have done so many times, and have made quite a lot of AP. 8o To put it simply, you need to have a lot of patience and be very dedicated. As well as having a good deal of preparation.

Before anything. You must remember. It's not actually free. You are the product being traded for the AP. Either for your time, clicks, or personal information (or in some cases, actual money?). Now that this is out of the way, let's move on.

Before looking at our options we have to talk about limiting factors.

Where you live: Where you live or where it perceives you live can greatly limit your access to some surveys and other offers.

How old are you: A lot of offers want you to be of age or around there.

Gender, ethnicity, income and languages you may speak can all effect surveys and other tasks. (Some tasks are in spanish for example, for me.)

Access to a credit card: Some offers will give you AP if you buy or get a free trial of a product. Personally I would never do these offers.

Willingness to put in personal information: Some offers are as easy as putting in your address, or even just email address. This is probably so they can send you loads of junk mail I also ignore these.:rolleyes:

TL/DR: Things you put in about yourself CAN influence some offers such as surveys.

Your providers

Peanut labs: By far the most paid out among all of them for me. You just fill out a profile and it gives you some surveys it thinks you may

fit the criteria for. If you wonder why there needs to be criteria, surveys are usually for some kind of research or trying to gauge opinions for potential products and such, and they usually want specific groups of people.

Also, very often for me the given offers will not match, and you have to go through a couple before you get one that does. Anyway the surveys are definitely their highlight.

Personal.y:

They are kind of like peanut labs, except I don't get a lot of payouts. They are very colorful, and make noises thought. If you can't get much luck with peanut it's a good way to see if you can get it with personaly. They do have some other offers, and I have gotten them to go through. So go for it.

Trial pay:

Not available in my country which is the united states. ?(

In the past it WAS available though. It wasn't all that good for me.

Super rewards

As I typed this I felt the need to smash something.

I'll be honest, they pay out a lot, especially with low ap offers. But sometimes they will not. Those times will make you hate their customer support people. One incident ended with me in a long battle with both the provider and the service that the offer was for. But I got it. They also have some junk offers that offer a fraction of 1 AP. I literally have a pending balance of 0.08 AP with them. :/

Tl/DR: Peanut Labs, if that doesn't work try Personal.y and if that doesnt work then try super rewards.

Types of offers.

Click:

Offers that would ask you to click onto a webpage, or watch a videos. They typically pay out very small but almost always pay out.
    Be sure to stay on the webpage, and finish the video fully (Or just mute it and read a book) :sleeping: Sometimes you can open multiple at once and get the payouts. Othertimes it ruins it.

The install something offers

Some offers ask you to download and install something. Some will even want it installed for a couple of days. Personally, my advice with these is simply: Don't. Just don't do them, they are annoying, and troublesome. However if you want to do them, I'd recommend using something to sandbox the browser/any applications it downloads. such as Sandboxie . But in the end the payouts are usually low, or around the same as surveys. So to me it never felt really worth it.

The Email address, address/free sample offers:

In these you put in a email address or address and they will probably send you some junk. Or sell your information probably ||, I've done the email ones, and the email I used is the most overflown email I have. I've also had some junk luck in gettin payouts with them.

The Buy or start your free trial offers:

These are offers where if you buy something or get a free trials you get some AP. I've been told it works but I never wanted to try. I get lazy and don't trust myself to end a free trial, and also don't really trust the providers sometimes.

Become a new user on this site and do x thing

These surveys will usually ask you to sign up for something and achieve some goal on the site. Like one with Swagbucks to get 500 points with them, and you got maybe 1-2k AP (When I did it it was 1700)

Another example is I think rewardTV where you sign up, do 2 surveys based on a tv show that was recently on and get like 100 AP. (Didn't hear it from me but sometimes you can find multiple instances of this offer, and juse use a new email to do it again.)

My senpai of offers, Surveys.

My love of surveys cannot be understated. For me as long as I am patient I can almost always get payouts. Alot of surveys seem to want spanish speakers and such. Though I guess this depends on where you live. More or less, though it gets the job done for me.

How it usually goes:

it'll ask you some questions before the survey to see if you fit. If you do not you will be moved to another one where you must do this process again. Always try to answer relatively the same for all the questions. I dont think I have ever gotten fully locked out of the ability to keep trying for a survey.

Types of surveys:

Rules of offers:

There are some rules I personally keep in mind

1.) No matter what. Always. ALWAYS. ALWAYS! Screenshot. Everything. You will be needing this to bury the customer support person with undeniable proof of your completion of the offer. (Or for them to know where you might have went wrong. :whistling:)

2.) Ask yourself if the AP is worth the task/time it takes to complete the task. If you don't have a lot of time, probably not.

3.) Finally, lower your expectations. You probably wont make 1000 AP in a day, some people won't even make this in a week. It's really based on factors you may not have control over, and how much time you are willing to waste on it.

Ending:

The reason I made this thread is that some new people may not actually wanna spend money but might want some AP, and I wanted to share the main ways I made a lot of AP by more or less randomly doing tasks that took maybe a couple hours out of my day and left me with a good amount of AP each week to take advantage of the tiered spenders. On a lazy week or a week when surveys seemed scarce because I had already done them, I could get around 20 dollars worth.

Ahh I was just confused because a while back GMs were Aeria staff. I've been gone for good couple years. Thanks for the answers.

How is the guild scene like? Is there a wide variety of active ones or the majority have kind of consolidated into a few big ones and then the corpses of inactive guilds litter the guild list?

Also I see a change in staff roles, now a GM is basically what used to be a GS but split the forum moderation duties off on another volunteer role?

As the thread title says, I would like to know the communitys opinion as to if they think it is worth it to return to Eden?

I quit because of a somewhat dwindling community, and pvp in general getting more boring. As well as new games coming out. Needless to say, I'd be starting from 0.

Is there very often new people playing?

Is there A good handful of people still playing?

But I guess a better question that would answer my question is: Why do you still play? Or if you started playing recently, why did you want to play?

It's worth it to also note that most photo editors can "Save as" a BMP image, as well as resize. So there is really no need for using a website, usually. I do most of the work before resizing, as it feels easier.

Also, when making a item magenta, sometimes one might find small pixels left over, creating a ugly pink border on your image. These are just small areas that I guess either didn't register well or are slightly off color. In anycase, a simple way to deal with it, that anyone could do is simply to zoom in, and manually go over the spots.